As the postdoctoral representatives of MATH+ and BMS, we represent the MATH+ postdocs in the MATH+ Board and its committees, in particular the BMS committee.
Our task is to bring your opinion to the MATH+ Board and to address there your concerns!
The list of current MATH+ postdocs can be found at http://www.math-berlin.de/bms-faculty/postdoctoral-faculty.
The benefits of becoming a MATH+ postdoc include:
- Network: establish a strong scientific network within the multifaceted mathematical research environment in Berlin.
- MATH+ Community: meet mathematicians from almost all research directions ranging from very pure to very applied.
- Visibility: Present your research during BMS and MATH+ events such as the MATH+ spotlight talk.
- Interdisciplinary and inter-institutional research: cooperate with other researchers from FU, HU, TU, WIAS, and ZIB.
- BMS Advanced Courses: teach courses in your own field of interest and get in touch with excellent students.
- Participation in BMS events: become a participant, e.g., of the biannual meeting with the Barcelona Graduate School, or attend BMS soft-skills seminars.
- Participation in MATH+ funded events: attend various workshops and conferences that are funded by MATH+.
- Conference expenses: take advantage of the travel support offered by MATH+.
- And even more things to come! Every second General Assembly, the postdoc representatives are elected for a two year term.
If you are interested in becoming active for the postdoctoral community, let us know at any point and we will include you in our team!
Your postdoctoral representatives,
Luca Donati (ZIB), Niels Lindner (ZIB), and Kartikey Sharma (ZIB)