The BMS Postdoctoral Representatives represent the BMS postdocs in the BMS committees and serve as contact persons. They are elected for a two year term each December. Currently, these position are filled by Felix Günther, Vikram Sunkara and Mats Vermeeren.
If you are a postdoc at one of Berlin's universities, we would like to encourage you to join the BMS postdoctoral faculty! Please contact us for more information.
The list of current BMS postdocs is http://www.math-berlin.de/bms-faculty/postdoctoral-faculty
The benefits of becoming a BMS postdoc include:
- BMS Network: establish a strong scientific network within the multifaceted mathematical research environment in Berlin.
- BMS Math Community: meet mathematicians from almost all research directions ranging from very pure to very applied.
- Interdisciplinary and Inter-institutional Research: cooperate with other institutions that also encourages interdisciplinary research.
- BMS Courses: teach specialized courses in your own field of interest and get in touch with excellent students.
- BMS Support and Funding: organize workshops or conferences and invite guests.
So far we have organized the following BMS Intensive Courses:
BMS Intensive Course on Evolution Equations and their Applications
November 27th-29th, 2013
Organized by Maciek Korzec and Matthias Liero
BMS Intensive Course on Coarse Grained Dynamics
April 22-23, 2013
at FU Berlin
Organized by Marco Sarich and Natasa Durdevac
and the following lectures:
Lectures on Bridges between mathematics and its applications
Organized by Natasa Durdevac and Nils Waterstraat
WS 2014/15 and SoSe 2015
We also regularly organize BMS postdoc dinners where you can meet us.